Thursday 24 May 2007

Flat File Blogging Platforms

I have found a couple of tools which can be used for people who can't use php or mySQL. One of them is one I have been using for a year called thingamablog. thingamablog FTP's your blog onto your server therefore it only requires enough space on the server. It stores the database locally.

Another is Blosxom which only requires cgi on the server, you post by creating a .txt file and uploading it to your server, it's really flexible and lightweight. It again doesn't require a database. These are only two I have found.

Pivot is another blogging platform, I haven't taken a close enough look at this to give you any real details.

Flatpress is a flat file blogging platform thats based on wordpress. I haven't tried this one either so I wouldn't know how well this works.

But if you can use PHP but not MYSQL you should try SPHPB which is a php blogging platform that uses flat file databases.
If I find anymore I will post them.

No comments: